Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Before you go


It’s sad to think about the good times,
how innocent and in love we were.

Our love made me feel out of control,
I think that’s how I knew it was right.

I poured my soul out to you,
And didn’t have to worry about the mess I made.

We went through hell,
but I called it love.

Because baby,
it was all worth it.

You were my first kiss,
First love.

I’d like to think you haven’t fully moved on,
Maybe I’m not the only one whose mind wanders back in time over and over again.

Maybe if it was meant to last,
It would have.

Maybe when we’ll meet again,
We’ll be whole versions of ourselves.

Our lives content and in good place,
Like how we always hoped they’d be.

Perhaps then we’ll be better for each other,
Despite all those years away from each other.

Maybe I was too much,
Maybe I wasn’t enough.

I wanted it to be you,
God damn, I really did.

I saw galaxies in your eyes,
No, you were the entire galaxy to me.

But maybe it was for the best,
Maybe it was our destiny.

Perhaps our absence from each other is all we really need,
Perhaps we’ll both be happier like this.

Cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted,
Was for you to be happy.

It’ll take some time,
But I’ll be okay.  

But before you go,
I have one last thing to ask.

If we knew where we’d be one year later,
Do you think we would’ve done anything different?

No comments:

Post a Comment